Virtual Snow Day Plan
All schedule information, videos, announcements, and changes will be posted here. This should be your one-stop-shop to supporting your child and understanding how to access learning.
FCPS shared that our next snow day and those thereafter will be a virtual schedule. Every elementary school will start from 10:30 – 3:15. All schedule information, videos, announcements, and changes will be posted here. This should be your one-stop-shop to supporting your child and understanding how to access learning. Important information for parents:
- All instruction will take place through Schoology/Zoom
- Students and staff are all expected to take laptops home with them each night to prepare for snow and quarantine instructions
- Student attendance will be taken during morning meeting on snow days.
- All Shrevewood ES students & staff will have a midday break for lunch, physical activity, and a break from screen time.
- Students will access classroom instruction in their classroom Schoology/Zoom link
- Academic blocks will begin with synchronous instruction, then teachers may assign students work either on or away from their computers that relate to the content.
- Students with disabilities will receive support in their virtual classrooms and will meet with their case manager during Small Group time using their classroom teacher’s link.
- Students will access specials in the All Students Schoology Course as a grade level
- These special assignments are asynchronous with choice boards.
- Preschool teachers will email their parents and determine an age-appropriate schedule/day for their young learners