Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.In This Week's Wise Words:
🌟 Principal's Message
🌟 Digital Citizenship Spirit Week
🌟 Armchair Fundraiser Update
🌟 Pumpkin Decorating Contest
🌟Federal Impact Aid
🌟 Storybook Character Day
🌟 Student Rights & Responsibilities
🌟 Advanced Academics Information Series
🌟 Britepaths Financial Empowerment
🌟 Save the DatesPrincipal's Message
Hello Shrevewood Families,
We had another busy week of learning! It was great to see many families at our PTA meeting earlier this week. We are so grateful for our supportive Shrevewood PTA Board and all the parent volunteers. Our school and community partnership is one of the things that makes Shrevewood so special!
As you might know, FCPS is looking for kind and caring substitute teachers to ensure our students continue to thrive when teachers need to be out of the building. Substitute teaching is a great opportunity for stay-at-home parents, retirees, college students, and anyone who wants a flexible work schedule. Click here to apply.
Lastly, we want to thank our staff, students, and families for continuing to follow the health and safety mitigation strategies. We have seen a drastic decrease in our COVID numbers this week and we appreciate your partnership and dedication to keeping your children safe.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Joshua DeSmyter, Principal
Katie Vandawalker, Assistant PrincipalDigital Citizenship Spirit Week
Next week, October 18 - 22, is Digital Citizenship Week! During this week, we take the time to review what it means to be safe, responsible, and respectful when using technology. This year’s theme is Social Emotional Well Being. At Shrevewood we will be celebrating by having a Spirit Week, sharing on the morning news and learning all about digital citizenship and wellness in morning meeting.Check out the plan for the week below!
If you are on Twitter, we'd love to see pictures of your kids participating in our Spirit Week! Just be sure to use the hashtag #FCPSdigcit and tag @ShevewoodES.Armchair Fundraiser Update
We did it! We raised $17,773 …surpassing our goal! We will Dunk Mr. DeSmyter next Friday, October 22. Look for details on our website on how you can watch! The final raffle winners who get a chance to throw a ball to dunk the principal are:
Raya B. Atemi A. Harrison P.
Eva R. Emelia P. Grace B.
Byron Oden A. Sahil D.
Minhlong H. Lula Q. Aymeric P. Dayton B. Henry T. Mia R.
Thank you to all the families who donated. We are always blown away by the generosity of our community. Your donations will go right back into our school community supporting programming and learning for our kids.Pumpkin Decorating Contest Federal Impact Aid
The completion of the Student-Parent Survey for Federal Impact Aid is critical for FCPS to obtain its share of federal funds. Surveys were sent home with students this week! Please fill and return to school by November 5th!
Please keep in mind when completing & submitting forms:
- Section 1 or 2 must be filled in COMPLETELY or the Section 3 checkbox must be marked.
- Signature and Date are a MUST!
- The date must be on or after October 8, 2021.
- No faxes or copies are allowed. Originals only.
If you have any questions please contact Maria Giuliani, email@example.com.SWES Storybook Character Day Student Rights & Responsibilities
Parents and Guardians please review this year’s SR&R document online click here.
Print copies are not yet available, and we will have a limited supply for those who request a paper copy. To request a paper copy, please email Katie Vandawalker, Assistant Principal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We also encourage you to review the Quick Guide that provides summarized information specific to the elementary level.
After reviewing these documents, please complete the acknowledgement form in SIS Parent VUE. If you need to create a Parent VUE account, please click here.
If you would like to complete a paper version of the acknowledgement form, please click here, print, sign and return to school by October 29, 2021.
Thank you!Advanced Academics Information Series
Please view the FCPS September AAP Newsletter here. You will find important information about the Advanced Academic Programs in Fairfax County Public Schools. If you would like a language translation, please email April Done (Advanced Academics Resource Teacher) at email@example.com.Britepaths Financial Empowerment
Britepaths and the Financial Empowerment Center at South County (FECSoCo) are offering many services by phone and internet (eg. Zoom, Google) in the interest of safety during COVID-19. Here is a list of free virtual one-on-one consulting and workshops to help with your personal finances, job search and more, and how to access them:
- 5 y 19 octubre: Talleres Finanzas y Crecimiento Profesional, Martes de 6:30-7:30p, con AHC Inc. haga clic aquí
- Oct. 7: Is Bankruptcy Right for You? Thursday, 1-3p, with Legal Services of Northern Virginia Click Here
- Oct. 12 & 26: Personal Finance & Career Building Workshops, Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30p, with AHC, Inc. Click Here
- Oct. 20: Free Legal Assistance Wednesdays, 6-8p, with Fairfax Law Foundation, also offered Nov. 17 & Dec. 15 Click Here
- Oct. 20: Credit Report Review Clinic, Wednesday, 6:30-7:30p, also offered Nov. 17 & Dec. 15 Click Here
- Oct. 21: Tax Debt Relief Clinic, Thursday, 1-3p, with Legal Services of Northern Virginia, also offered Nov. 18 & Dec. 16 Click Here
One-on-One, Confidential Consulting
- Financial Coaching: Speak confidentially with a volunteer financial coach over the phone or Internet. Call 703.704.6101, email info@FECSoCo.org, or Click Here to register. Click Here for Information.
- Workforce/Job Readiness Coaching: Free, confidential consulting to help you refresh your resume, polish your interviewing skills and more via phone or internet. Contact Sally Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Here for Information.
- Small Business Consulting: Schedule a confidential appointment to speak with a professional who will provide guidance with emergency loans, help create a business plan and develop effective strategies. Call 703.704.6101, email info@FECSoCo.org, or Click Here to register.
- Tax Preparation Consulting: Available by appointment. Preparation of prior year tax returns, amendments, counseling on tax issues. For tax filing assistance, must have access to a computer to complete TurboTax filing. Call 703.704.6101 or email info@FECSoCo.org to schedule.
- NEW: Food Entrepreneur Consulting: Available by appointment, Monday and Wednesday evenings. Call 703.704.6101, email info@FECSoCo.org, or Click Here to register. Flyer: English; español
Career Training :
Avenues to Career Training (ACT) Healthcare is a free virtual eight-week training session that includes job-readiness skills with the enrichment of math, reading and writing that are contextualized for healthcare for Fairfax County residents. Click Here for Information on ACT-Health.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
As a reminder, school begins at 9:20 am and ends at 4:05 pm. Please notify us if your child will be absent or late to school. We will have an automated “call-out” at approximately 11 a.m. for students who were absent without prior notification. If you receive that call, please contact our office the next day.
Here is how you may report your child being absent or late to school:
Attendance Line | 703-645-6666
Main Office | 703-645-6600
Or the online attendance form:
⭐Armchair Fundraiser Ends⭐
Friday, October 15⭐Digital Citizenship Spirit Week⭐
October 18-22⭐Pumpkin Decorating Contest⭐
October 18-20⭐AAP- Level IV Screening Information⭐
Monday, October 25th, 5:00 pm⭐SR&R Forms Due⭐
Friday, October 29⭐Storybook Character Day⭐
Friday, October 29⭐Impact Aid Form⭐
Friday, November 5